Substances that are produced by living organisms having a bacteriostatic or bactericidal activity
- As growth stimulator - at sub-therapeutic levels in diets, antibiotics improve growth rate and efficiency of feed utilization.
- Antibiotics have been widely used in the livestock and poultry industries since their discovery more than 50 years ago.
- They represent an extremely important tool in the efficient production of animal products such as milk, meat and eggs.
- Reduce mortality and morbidity and improve reproductive performance.
- At high levels, antibiotics help to prevent disease in exposed animals and to treat diseases.